- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 can ALL GOLD apricot jam
- 8 dried apricots, chopped up
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsps fine sea salt
- 3/4 tsps baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, at room temperature, beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Put an oven rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 180°c. Spray a metal baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray. Line the bottom and sides of the pan with a baking sheet. Spray the sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray and set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the ALL GOLD apricot jam and chopped apricots. Set aside. In another large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Stir in the oats and walnuts. Add the butter, egg and vanilla and stir until incorporated. Using a fork or clean fingers, lightly press half of the crust mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Using a spatula, spread the filling over the crust leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge of the pan. Cover the filling with the remaining crust mixture and gently press to flatten. Bake until light golden or about 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool for one hour. Cut into bars.
Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Courtesy of ALL GOLD