- 300-350g beef rib-eye steak (about 2cm thick)
- 1 can ALL GOLD chopped peeled tomatoes
- 2-3 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of dried origanum or marjoram
- 6 roughly torn basil leaves
To make the sauce, place the ALL GOLD chopped peeled tomatoes in a pan with garlic, olive oil and herbs. Bring it to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add seasoning to taste. Remove from heat and stir in basil leaves before setting the sauce aside. Brush the rib-eye steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on a very hot charcoal braai and try to turn only once. For a medium rare steak, cook for 3 minutes on each side. For medium, cook for 7-8 minutes in total and for well-done allow for 8-10 minutes. Leave the steak to stand for five minutes before topping with the pizzaiola sauce.
Courtesy of ALL GOLD