- 500g fattis & monis penne pasta
- 500g enterprise bits of bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 125ml (½ cup) vodka
- 1 can (410g) ALL GOLD diced tomatoes
- 65ml (¼ cup) cream
- 10ml (2 tsps) holbrooks worcestershire sauce
- 5ml (1 tsp) chilli flakes
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
- 65ml (¼ cup) chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook penne until just tender, 12 minutes, or according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat until crisp, about four minutes. Drain on a paper towel. Add onion and garlic, cook in bacon fat until onion is transparent, about one minute. Increase heat to high; add vodka and bring to a boil. Boil until reduced by about half, about two minutes. Stir in ALL GOLD diced tomatoes, cream, worcestershire sauce, chilli flakes and coriander to taste; reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta.
Serve topped with the sauce and sprinkled with bacon, basil and freshly ground black pepper.
Courtesy of ALL GOLD