- 65ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 450g chicken breast fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 60ml (4 tbsps) curry paste
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 400g (2 cups) tastic basmati rice
- 750ml (3 cups) chicken stock
- 30ml (2 tbsps) toasted chopped almonds
- 1 can (410g) ALL GOLD whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 90ml (1/3 cup) chopped fresh coriander
- Low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate. Add onion to the pan, cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add curry paste and chillies, cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add basmati rice and stir to coat. Add chicken and chicken stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Gently stir in almonds, ALL GOLD whole tomatoes and coriander. Cook gently for 10 minutes to heat through.
Garnish pilaf with fresh coriander and some chopped chillies if desired.
Courtesy of ALL GOLD